Monday, June 25, 2012

Return to Blogging

After a bit of an absence, I will be blogging again. I have had some personal, as well as professional, issues to deal with. My first novel, The Wrath of Amun, is available on Amazon (in print) and on Smashwords for download. And, I am pleased to report that I have two more novels in my Egyptian mystery series completed: The Talisman of Tehuti and The Savagery of Set. I shall keep you posted as to possible publication dates on them.

I am currently at work on the fourth novel in the series, The Magistrates of Ma'at; a large cast with multiple suspects, so the going is slow. And, I am trying my hand at a contemporary novel, tentatively titled, Second Chances. Since this is a whole new genre for me, I'm keeping the project close to the vest for the present. I need to see if I can actually do this before I post any clips.

I will post clips from my completed novels, and the one in progress for your feedback. You will also see some interesting postings on my blog. I want to share more writing reference material, like word origins and foreign words which can be sprinkled, like fine spices, in a manuscript.

Finally, in honour of George Orwell, who was born this day in 1903, I leave you with this quote:

       "No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid, but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid."

No comments:

Post a Comment